Kids’ City believes that a child or young person should never experience abuse of any kind. We have a responsibility to promote the welfare of all children and young people and to keep them safe. We are committed to practice in a way that protects them.
This policy is based on the law and guidance that seeks to protect children, including:
- Children’s Act 1989
- United Nations Convention of the Rights of the Child 1991
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Sexual Offences Act 2003
- Children’s Act 2004
- Protection of Freedoms Act 2012
- Working Together to Safeguard Children 2015
- London Child Protection Procedures 5th Edition 2015
We recognise that:
- The welfare of the child is paramount
- All children, regardless of age, ability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity, have a right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse
- Some children are additionally vulnerable because of the impact of previous experiences, their level of dependency, communication needs or other issues
- Working together with children, young people, their parents, carers and other agencies is essential in promoting children and young people’s welfare
What to do if you are worried about a child’s safety or welfare or about the behaviour of an adult
You should follow the procedures below and report to your Centre Manager or Safeguarding Officer at the earliest opportunity.
If a child is in immediate danger
If a child is in IMMEDIATE DANGER, contact the police and ask for the Child Protection Unit or dial 999, then contact the Safeguarding Officer at the earliest opportunity.
If a child is in need of urgent medical help
If a child is in NEED OF MEDICAL HELP, get medical help first then contact the Safeguarding Officer at the earliest opportunity.
Lambeth Referral and Assessment Duty Officer:
9am – 5pm: 020 7926 7868
Out of hours: 020 7923 6010
Wandsworth Child Protection:
9am – 5pm: 020 8871 6622
Out of hours: 020 8871 6000
Merton Assessment Team:
9am – 5pm: 020 8545 4226
Out of hours: 020 8770 5000
Hounslow Child Protection:
Mon- Fri, 9am – 5pm: 020 8583 6600
Out of hours: 0208 583 2222
Wokingham Children’s Social Care:
Mon- Fri, 9am – 5pm: 0118 908 8002
After 5pm or on weekends and bank holidays: 0134 478 6543
Email Address: email@example.com
Kids’ City maintains current contact information at each branch and at head office for Police, Social Services, the National Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) and other relevant bodies.